Expedia is seeking a Technically focused Solutions Manager within the Enablement Solutions organisation of Lodging Partner Services (LPS) focused on driving strategic solution improvement initiatives across LPS. The Technical Solutions Manager must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. The incumbent will become an expert in our CRM system, our case workflows and our channels of operation, in order to deliver tangible business improvements. They will influence our internal product and technology teams understanding ‘best in class’ CRM and technology capabilities. The successful candidate will also execute on high profile projects on driving efficiency, experience improvements and/ or revenue uplift.
- Solution focused - envisioning a future state of operational excellence, driving or partnering on high impact business improvements globally within LPS.
- Work tactically to deliver on business improvement initiatives utilizing skills to develop processes, define policies, and engage technology to make needed improvements.
- Analyze key business metrics and system processes to understand performance and variation
- Partner with various system owners to understand current system interactions, aligning process workflows across these systems.
- Audit and document current customer contact system workflows (strong documentation/communication skills vital)
- Create and build innovative business requirements by working with Operational owners, subject matter experts, and business users to define requirements, communicate needs to technology teams, coordinate UAT, and monitor and report progress and implementation activities
- Able to build measurement systems and use/ interpret data to evaluate and make business improvement recommendations (experience with pivot tables and Tableau a plus).
- Manage cross-functional operational efforts, working with engineering, product marketing, product, IT, and Operations to ensure smooth rollout of changes
- Partner with the different operational teams to provide support and resources during and after launches
- Facilitate relationships between teams, move initiatives forward, find resources, raise concerns to appropriate owners early and resolve open issues that prevent progress
- Hold people accountable when schedule or progress is in jeopardy while maintaining respectful relationships in difficult situations
- Predict roadblocks and obstacles, establishing meetings or integration points between teams
- Maintain and refine programs and initiatives, establishing standard methodologies, next steps, and outcomes
- Assist to define strategy and define program roadmaps setting realistic expectations of project delivery
- Demonstrated ability to partner with operational leaders to understand business goals, analyze opportunities and develop improvement project roadmaps
- Demonstrated experience in a business/system analyst, or product/program management role
- Demonstrated experience in a contact centre environment from an operational and technical viewpoint
- Ability to lead and manage cross functional initiatives
- Demonstrated experience in translating business capabilities into business requirements for consumption by business partners and technology teams in either a Waterfall, Agile or “MVP” type model
- Comfortable in a technical environment, gathering requirements and be an owner/liaison between the customer and product development teams
- Demonstrated analytical skills – proficient in organizing, analyzing and interpreting data to make fact-based decisions and drive root cause elimination
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills evidenced by results in past positions
- Demonstrated Change Management experience including the ability to work with improvement team sponsors to address barriers
- Demonstrated Program and Project Management experience, including managing project/initiatives, driving a timeline to completion, following-up, organizing multiple action plans across multiple functions
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, from individual contributor to senior leadership - structuring information and utilizing PowerPoint or other resources to communicate ideas and actions
- Ability to make independent decisions, self-starter, ability to perform with minimal supervision.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- High attention to detail.
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- 5+ years of Project or Initiative Management, Lean Six Sigma, Agile, Waterfall or related functions or in Principal role for technical consulting and/or analytics
- 5+ years of delivering change in Contact Centre/Customer Engagement technical solutions
- Experience driving transformative change in organizations, globally
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or business (preferably in a quantitative field or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Experience with Salesforce, Contact Centre Technology, Travel Industry
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.