Vrbo is looking for a Technical Product Manager to join our team that manages a portfolio of programmatic marketing technology platforms & services.
Our systems are built out using a lean-start-up and A/B testing approach, focusing on delighting customers and delivering business value. Platform is going to power up global marketing activities for all of Vrbo brands. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Engineering, this is a unique opportunity to work with state of the arch technology, an amazing motivated team of engineers, collaborate with multiple Expedia brands and be part of the fast-expanding vacation rentals market.
In this leadership role, you will drive solutions and execution as we evolve our programmatic marketing technology & data platforms to create a competitive advantage in our marketplace. You will be asked to draw on your industry expertise and agile knowledge to increase the effectiveness of existing solutions and help build new ones to drive scale and efficiency throughout the organization. Working with our team requires a unique blend of business acumen and technical skills demonstrated through the ability to translate stakeholder problems into actionable roadmaps and backlogs. You will partner with the marketing teams, product manager(s), data scientists to understand, communicate and implement the product requirements informed from industry analysis, demand data and end-user feedback to manage the overall product lifecycle of customer’s journey.
Common responsibilities will include: manage complex priorities with focus on outcomes week in week out, understanding and communicating risks, managing communication with internal, as well as external stakeholders (marketing platforms, and so on). From there; you will be empowered to design, implement, refine and deploy new platforms and features that our customers value.
- Manage the portfolio lifecycle and solutions from idea to execution
- Meet frequently with marketing, product, data, engineering and business stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of their business processes and needs
- Partner with the marketing, product and engineering lead(s) to ensure the team’s roadmap and backlog priorities are maintained to enable a smooth agile development process and minimize blockers
- Manage change management process with product manager(s) and engineering leads
- Monitor the team’s development velocity and facilitate the resolution of risks and blockers
- Collaborate with the product manager(s) and engineering teams to ensure epics and user stories are clearly defined and properly phased to facilitate timely delivery of functionality
- Lead communication and solution delivery across cross-functional operating teams
- Communicate status, risks with resolution plan, upcoming milestones, and recent releases to leadership teams
- Manage resolution of urgent engineering issues while communicating changes to business stakeholders
- Work with the engineering and product leadership teams to ensure they are fully engaged in strategic and tactical planning decisions
- A strong and proven experience of Program/Project Management and/or Scrum Master experience in a high-tech company, preferably in a B2C ecommerce environment
- High level of initiative, passion, and desire to create a world-class user experience for customers
- Demonstrated experience driving agile software development with engineering, quality assurance, and functional teams
- Demonstrated expertise in best practices for software development, and the ability to evolve those practices according to technology and business trends
- Ability to lead teams through issue resolution and risk management
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts to highly engineering and non-engineering stakeholders
- Comfortable presenting to large internal groups and leadership team members
- Proven track of record managing multiple, ongoing complex projects and implementing of ecommerce applications, while delivering on schedule
- Full product lifecycle management experience, including user acceptance testing, launch, and end of life processes
- Understanding of N-Tier software development architectures, relational databases, cloud architecture, and data warehouse architectures
- Experience as a Business Analyst (BA) and/or Developer in engineering software environment strongly desired
- Experience with complex information architecture and taxonomy management a plus
- Scrum Master experience in a fast-paced software development environment
- Certified Scrum Master and/or Project Management a plus
- BA/BS required preferably in Computer Information Systems, Business Administration or related fields (applicable experience may be substituted)
- A confirmed programming experience desired, depending on level
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.