Strategic Account Director
Are you an ambitious, self-motivated professional seeking a rare opportunity to fully optimize our high-growth relationships with key partners as a Strategic Account Director with a leading travel platform?
We are looking for a thought leader in the industry who is an experienced negotiator with a strong commercial acumen. You will be able to influence both internal and external stakeholders as an individual contributor in this role that has significant operational and strategic scope and scale with our Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS) team.
What you'll do
- Partner management, including full account management and ongoing partner retention. You will lead end-to-end business driven initiatives and negotiation cycles to continuously drive Share of Wallet penetration. You will also be able to provide both quantitative and qualitative strategic analyses and insights to support the process.
- Ensure the relationship with key partners are fully optimized and deliver, at a minimum, the expected gross booking value (GBV) and Marketing Contribution (MC) by fostering a trusted partnership to optimize at every opportunity while mitigating all risks.
- Industry thought leader who can provide in-depth understanding and insight of how EPS regional partners operate, the industry, its key players and the landscape’s rapid evolution, and assess their impact on both the business and partners.
- Implement best-in-class account management, and anticipate new long-term business models
- Voice of our Partners and facilitate ongoing communication by working with cross-functional teams to ensure smooth operations. You will be able to leverage the support of EPS internal resources which include teams from Finance, Operations, Partner Marketing, Product integration, Strategy, Analytics and Supply.
- Evaluate business impacts of initiatives on our partners and develop an in-depth knowledge of products while building strong collaborative relationships with regional leadership teams, enabling the team to represent the full gamut of EPS offerings.
Who you are
- Excellent academic achiever, MBA or Master degree is a plus.
- Self-motivator with the drive to succeed in managing multiple large partners in a dynamic organisation.
- Strong influencer at C-suite level, and effective communication skills that includes a strong background in negotiation.
- Keen analyst with the ability to frame and drive commercial and numerical analyses and turn these into concrete insights, actions, and business improvement opportunities through seamless execution and influence across the Expedia organization
- Relationship builder with the ability to foster strong working relationships and influence others within and across multiple departments and/or functions within the company and across geographies.
- Astute leader with excellent judgment through sound, well-informed decision-making, understand and drive organizational change and develop strategic business objectives.
- Commercially savvy with sound instinct and entrepreneurial mindset to drive creativity, taking initiatives and calculated risks to craft and implement new cutting-edge solutions.
- Informed industry player with the capacity to identify and keep up to date on global trends that effect industry and organization
- Collaborator who can build high-trust relationships while delivering projects on time
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.