ExpediaDo you love matching people with a magical experience to make their dream vacation complete?
Are you an experienced customer service or sales professional?
Are you ready to help people go places?
As a concierge with Expedia Local Expert, you will be a front-line member of the team. Our concierges are key members in executing LX’s aspirations to be the highlight of our guests’ visit. You'll be responsible for providing the best service on our lodging partners’ properties, making a positive impact with our supply partners and crafting an environment where LX is the best place to work. By using our 5 Step Engagement Process in every time you interact with a guest, you will follow the roadmap to ensure our guests have a memorable vacation and make the most of their visit to Hawaii. We're looking for someone knowledgeable about the local environment including the attractions, tours and activities that we sell. This role will let you use your high-touch customer service skills, sales skills and keen sense of detail. You'll need to be able to operate well in an independent and/or team environment.
What you'll do with us:
- Adhere to standard operating procedures, policies and guidelines as outlined by EG, LX, direct manager and lodging partner when applicable.
- Provide each guest, partner and team member with professional, courteous and excellent service
- Masterfully execute the LX 5 Step Engagement Process with every guest interaction
- Communicate effectively in both written and spoken communications
- Put Yourself in the Shoes of our Customers and Partners
- Meet or exceed established sales targets in a commissioned environment
- Make technical and functional contributions and stays abreast of trends and events
- Exercise sales acumen and creativity in completing guest’s itinerary from start to finish
- Take responsibility for solving issues in a timely fashion with a sense of urgency until they are resolved
- Collaborate and contribute to the team’s success and harmony
- Adopt and champion changes
- Responsible for upkeep of working environment and taking proper steps to resolve issues, notify and /or seek mentorship from appropriate channels
- Extraordinary guest service skills
- Overcome objections and offer alternate solutions
- De-escalate and handle customer complaints
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently in a sales driven environment and meet critical deadlines
- Work collaboratively and effectively with other employees and hotel staff
Who you are:
- Trained in sales or customer service
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Able to meet the physical requirements for the role including: typing on the computer and to use the phone constantly throughout the work shift for up to 14 hours
- You will often be on your feet and may work in the open air or an air-conditioned space for the duration of your shift
- Work schedules can include both morning and night shifts
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Knowledge of the local area and attractions, including our products and services available at multiple locations.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including all days, all shifts and at all locations as the business requires (including holidays and weekends)
- Willing to maintain personal appearance and timeliness requirements
- Computer-literate, including the Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of travel industry and concierge experience a plus
What we offer you:
- Competitive hourly rate + commission
- Comprehensive benefits, including health, dental, and 401k
- Travel reimbursement and fitness allowances
- Generous sick and vacation time
- Employee stock discounts
- Career growth potential
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.