This is a dynamic opportunity to demonstrate your exceptional creative design skills to research, design, write, and deploy video and audio content for internal Expedia teams.
We are looking for a strong, experienced designer who can meet the challenge of creating innovative solutions to business problems, ideas and concepts - choosing the appropriate media and style to meet the needs of each specific project. The work demands the perfect mix of creativity and organization, excellent storytelling and writing skills, plus a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
You will have experience working with complex content and turning it into simple yet compelling video/audio solutions.
Your successful experience for creating design solutions and telling compelling stories that have high impact, whilst successfully handling multiple partners and your production timeline, will set you aside from your colleagues.
What You'll Do:
- You will interpret and build briefs by gathering information and data through research to generate creative concepts that exceed business needs
- Show initiative whilst researching the content and look for opportunities on the wider possibilities for the content that will make it more engaging for the audience and solve the business problem/ land the business change
- You will develop ideas that simplify the complex, using the right media to execute flawlessly in a collaborative environment
- Writing scripts / storylines that bring your content to life
- Scope and design in collaboration with external vendors ensuring smooth handover into production (i.e. Animation / live-action shoot).
- Able to conduct interviews from behind the camera to elicit the responses we need for the content
- Brief, direct and work on site with external creatives using strong decision-making skills and ability to give constructive feedback to make sure the content is exceptional and achieves our objectives - is on brand and uses the right tone of voice for the relevant audience
- Intermediate experience on filming and editing media for occasional in-house only projects is necessary
- You will plan and lead project timelines
- You will brief and collaborate with the external creatives who will produce the content (animation, live action and editing)
- You will build positive relationships with key internal partners and subject matter experts to support design and signoff content
- You will prioritize the creation of content in collaboration with colleagues to align to wider timelines
- Consider and plan the way the media content will be deployed and displayed to the audience by collaborating with colleagues both in and out of the immediate team to ensure a successful launch
- Integrate the media content into relevant delivery mechanism (classroom, virtual, online) and ensure it links to publishing tool’s analytics to enable reporting
- You will ensure content is accurate and compliant at time of production
Who You Are:
- You have 2-3 years’ experience in creative roles (experience in learning not necessary)
- Educated in video creation from script writing through to editing
- Experience using Microsoft Office & Mac
- Experience in considering global needs
- Experience in planning the production of media work
- You have strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize based on the needs of the business
- Strong eye for detail
- Some experience using Final Cut Pro would be ideal but majority of content is edited using external team
- You have the ability to synthesize complex concepts and business problems into very simple and audience friendly language
- Exceptional writing skills, to articulate ideas and content through language for both narration and conversational scripts.
- Self-motivated, self-aware and able to drive collaborative success with limited guidance
- Autonomously create solutions and articulate complex concepts and ideas to a broad audience
- Strong ability to effectively consult, communicate and collaborate to get to the core business problems and identify the best media solution to solve them
- Independently joins the dots on content’s potential across a variety of channels
- You have excellent communication skills with ability to handle both executive leadership and operational teams, adapting style and medium to different audiences as needed
- You have the ability to deal with ambiguity and change
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.