Featured Career Paths
All Career Paths
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at vrbo.com, an Expedia Group company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every holidaymaker in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
Based in Geneva the General Ledger Accountant position will report to the GL Accounting Manager and will form part of the financial team. Flexibility in the role will be required to ensure departmental and accounting responsibilities.
What you’ll do:
- In charge general ledger accounting for European entities
- Preparation & posting of all standard month end journals including accruals, prepayments, payroll, cash management & intercompany
- Maintaining fixed assets registers & passing monthly depreciation entries to Oracle general ledger.
- Preparation of monthly P&L analysis and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assisting GL Accounting Manager with month-end close and the documentation (SOX Controls) & harmonization of accounting procedures throughout Europe
- Preparation yearly Statutory Audits
Who you are:
- Previous experience of all aspects of accounting to trial balance level including balance sheet reconciliations.
- Knowledge of common accounting procedures (US GAAP and EU Local GAAP)
- Previous knowledge of Oracle ERP and SOX controls will be an advantage
- English is mandatory
- Good knowledge of French will be an advantage
- Highly personable
- Ability to work on own initiative, problem solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Organized, detailed oriented
- Good general computer skills (Excel, MS office)
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between. Vrbo is part of VRBO and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.