Expedia Group Media Solutions is dedicated to building creative media partnerships for travel advertisers enabling them to use Expedia's network of leading travel brands and global sites. We have revolutionized the way brands reach and connect with online travel consumers, emerging as a leader in online advertising sales among travel and e-commerce brands. With a growing product portfolio offering a multitude of advertising and sponsorship opportunities, our Media Solutions team at Expedia has crafted a viable marketing platform for advertising partners to reach the 95 million worldwide monthly unique visitors that visit Expedia Group sites.
Reporting to the Director LATAM, Caribbean Ad Sales, the Business Development Manager (BDM) will be directly accountable for executing on and helping to define online market strategy, negotiating, closing and renewing online advertising campaigns, attending industry and market events on behalf of Expedia and have complete revenue responsibility for a sizeable portfolio of existing, strategic online advertisers in Latin America and Caribbean.
The primary focus is on maintaining and growing existing business, as well as identifying new growth markets/opportunities within the region. The ability to articulate and execute successful go-to-market strategies for each sub region will be essential to success on our team. Do you have a proven track record of effectively influencing the most senior decision makers within agencies and travel companies? We're interested in speaking with you!
What you will do
You will independently create a sales strategy within the bounds of standard MeSo strategy and products and are also:
- Responsible for maintaining a book of existing partners and independently identifying key new businesses independently
- Understand partner needs to create an advertising strategy and develop campaigns that meet their goals
- Execute standard contracts and with the help of their manager bespoke contracts
- Represent the benefits of partnering with Expedia as an advertising partner of choice
- Work with little guidance on complex deals that would require more customization and "out of the box" solutions.
- Lead in all aspects of deal development - prospecting, sourcing, negotiating and closing.
- Create a pipeline of opportunities that are managed & reviewed weekly/monthly/quarterly to ensure the pipeline is productive and yields partnerships.
- Engages in senior level customer meetings to discuss customer’s business issues and explores how Media Solutions product offerings can help address and resolve these issues.
- Be proactive in the research to establish new target markets & business streams. Undertake research to generate new business areas, client profiles and sales appointments/presentations
- Build and manage fruitful relationship with partners and provide clients with a consultative sales experience.
- Effectively navigate client issues through to resolution independently.
- Own and lead the sales process to enhance existing partnerships through up-selling and cross-selling of product and services, and sales optimization; and build strong long-term strategic commercial relationships, formalized in enduring contractual agreements.
- Focus on regional and global accounts
- Own and lead the advertising sales process end to end from identification of new prospects, to developing an understanding of client needs and mapping those needs with planning and strategic selling.
- Will include a portfolio of domestic and international partnerships, based in their region.
- The ability to navigate senior level management and understand the political pressures of an organization to get to a positive decision is key to success.
- Will provide customers with a consultative sales experience.
- Focus on campaign level negotiations and annual plans
Who you are
- You are able to meet revenue targets and effectively build client facing relationships, pitch and influence at senior management level
- You effectively navigate client issues through to resolution, analyze clients' needs and identify creative solutions
- You possess a validated ability to identify revenue opportunity through analysis and optimize revenue gains for Media Solutions through creative deals
- Strong verbal and written communication with internal and external partners
- Evangelize Media Solutions internally and work with our internal supply teams to increase value of partner
- You are structured, organized and able to prioritize to meet demands of the role
- The ability to travel frequently is required and sometimes includes weekends.
- Please note this is an office-based opportunity in Miami. However, we are also open for this role to be based in New York City.
- Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- Fluent written and verbal English and Spanish; Portuguese is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5-10 years working in Travel or Media sales industries.
- Experience working in Latin America and Caribbean markets and clients.
- You have experience in client facing roles, preferably in a sales capacity.
- Experience and a high comfort level with PowerPoint, Excel, and Salesforce (preferred) and be comfortable retrieving and interpreting data from various databases, including translating takeaways into PowerPoint slides
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.