Job title: Product Manager
We are looking for a product manager to drive our global product roadmap for optimization. Our suite of optimization products helps to improve our business as well as that of our partners leveraging some of the latest approaches in machine learning and multi variant testing. You will bring innovation, a strategic perspective, a passionate voice, and an ability to prioritize and execute on a fast-moving set of product priorities, competitive pressures, and market opportunities.
- You will lead the product strategy for our optimization products through a deep understanding of our partner needs
- You will establish a product vision, develop the roadmap, product scenarios, user stories, and backlog for your products
- You will act as the product owner in a fast-paced agile team, working closely with the team to ensure successful launch of new products
- You will work as a part of a highly collaborative cross-functional team to oversee the planning, development and launch throughout the full product life cycle
- You will engage and collaborate with our analytics team, data science team and revenue optimization team and customers to prioritize product initiatives.
- You will be the visible advocate for your products internally and externally
- You will be close to the competition and understand our competitors’ strategies and product features.
- You have significant experience in the B2B travel industry, are passionate about travel and have lots of ideas about how to redefine the B2B travel industry.
- You like to be the expert on the products you lead; experience managing API’s and Agent Tools in the travel industry is a must.
- You are a proven self-starter who can identify new opportunities, develop strategies to drive growth, and push projects forward, as well as a desire to push innovation. Prior experience working in a startup is required.
- You possess excellent analytical, and problem-solving abilities and have experience in setting a test and learn agenda and applying analytical insights to decision.
- You may have prior experience building machine learning products and collaborating with data scientists.
- You are enthusiastic and demonstrate strong leadership skills with the ability to influence across the organization.
- You should be able to push back or challenge partners whilst maintaining great relationships.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly the ability to articulate a vision and improvise and communicate ideas/positions on an ad hoc basis.
- You are able to work in a complex, diverse and changing environment.
- You have a passion for customer interaction and desire to exceed what our customers demand of us.
- You have significant experience as a product manager and an MBA degree.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Open date: 13 August 2019
Close date: 10 September 2019
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.