Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
As a product manager in our team, you’ll deliver next-generation personalized experiences in travel. In this role you’ll lead development of the feature roadmap through conducting user research, analyzing the competition, understanding key product metrics and marketing trends.
In our product organization, you would be a member of a small tight-knit team of Product Managers who are collectively responsible for developing marketing data products for one of the most recognizable brands in travel. We are obsessed with building products that our customers will love as much as they do. We have a real passion for continually raising the bar and pursuing the best experience for our customers.
How you operate
- Be the voice and advocate for our customers.
- As a leader, influencer, and contributor across our team. We are spread across the world with over 100 engineers, designers and product managers with diverse backgrounds working in unison to make a cohesive experience.
- Enjoy working closely with engineering, user experience, analytics and product teams to understand customer problems, research and collaborate on technical solutions, and thrive in a time-boxed creative endeavor to deliver a solution.
- Excel at working alongside a global, distributed, hardworking and nimble team of cross-discipline makers, in groups of 4-8 people, to create innovative ways to deliver fast and performant experiences.
- Love being involved in cross-discipline teams to translate problems into solutions that will be tested qualitatively (through user research) and quantitatively (through business metrics).
- Strive to connect the thinking with doing in a feedback loop and embrace ambiguity.
- Thrive as a multiplier in a team environment with varied ideas and diversity of approaches to problems and their solutions.
- Your job will be your team's success. You will actively seek the advice of and direction from your colleagues and work with them to detail a common goal.
What you will do
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineers, UX designers and analysts from concept to product delivery focusing on solving specific customer problems.
- Partner with stakeholders around the company to ensure that the products + features we build are satisfying our customers’ needs and meeting business objectives.
- Utilize data and research to make decisions around our product.
- Manage trade-offs between cost and time-to-market.
- Present strategy, progress and product features to senior leadership.
- Build a culture of trust and encourage innovation.
Who you are
You’ll fit this role if you have
- What it takes to be a Maker and you can relate to the following principles:
- A bias towards action - You believe that speed and quality aren’t mutually exclusive. You’ve shown good judgment about getting features to customers while still making sure that products are built in a sustainable, adaptive and responsible way. You welcome the opportunity to learn and improve, by embracing a growth mindset.
- The grit to try and try again - You are willing to iteratively work at solving a problem, because you deeply care about customers, and you are open to a continuous feedback loop.
- Love the journey - You will be dissatisfied with the end result at some point. It might be a week after you’ve launched a feature. Our work is never done and to thrive you have to learn to love the process of thinking, doing, learning, and improving.
- Done is better than perfect - Nothing is ever perfect. All of our customers are different with unique needs. We ship. We learn. We improve. We change.
- Respect the craft - To make anything is to try to add something meaningful to the world whether it is just for you or for many other people. Why do anything unless you will try to do it really well. We are the gatekeepers of quality.
- 5+ years of direct product management experience; product experience focusing on e-commerce a plus.
- Excellent technical, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- First-class influencing skills, including experience working within a large matrix organization.
- A drive to identify new opportunities, develop strategies to drive growth, and to push projects forward.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.