Senior Software Dev Engineer
Expedia Group’s Flights platform powers the flight shopping and booking experience for millions of travelers across the world. The Expedia Flights team builds the experience and platform that powers the Flight business for Brand Expedia Group. We are always striving to provide the best experience and value for our customers.
The Flights platform supports more than 40 million transactions per year. The team openly embraces experimenting with new technologies while keeping a healthy balance between short- and long-term goals. With our microservices architecture in AWS using EC2, S3 and ECS services you will be working on enhancing customer experience, developing features and services, and pushing the boundaries on platform performance and capabilities.
The question is; Do you believe in being Different, can you Lead Humbly, act as One Team, leverage the Scientific Method, Organize for Speed while remaining Transparent?
If you answered yes, join us to continue our mission to revolutionize travel through the power of technology - apply here! We are looking for smart and talented individuals who want to join a fast-paced team. We offer excellent opportunities for leadership, creativity and personal growth and because of our innovative approach to travel, fun work environment and incredible career opportunities.
What you’ll do:
• Develop fast, scalable, highly available, and reliable microservices that process 100 million searches per day.
• For mid to large size projects: Design, development, testing, deployment, and providing operational excellence and support
• You find and advocate for Industry standards and best practices in development methodologies, techniques, and technologies
• You contribute to advancing the team's design methodology and quality programming practices and mentor junior team members to adapt best practices
• Innovate and implement new ideas to solve complex software problems and prototype creative solutions to enable product MVP's
• Independently understand scheduling, cost constraints, and impact to other teams; and make resource and architectural trade-offs based on those factors
• Anticipate and prevent problems and roadblocks, before they occur, and present technical issues and their impact to leadership
• Lead, coordinate, and collaborate on multiple concurrent and complex cross-organizational initiatives
• Effectively build and maintain a network of key contacts across company, and leverage these contacts to achieve results
• Communicate and work effectively with geographically distributed cross functional teams
• Drive for continuous improvement in software and development process within an agile development tea
• 7 -10 + years of experience in the field of Software Engineering – Full Stack
• Bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
• Demonstrated proficiency in most areas of the professional function, and in-depth specialization in some
• Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely
• Experience in Agile/Scrum software development practices
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.