Start date: September 2020
Duration: 2 year rotational programme
Assessment Centre: December
· Final year of a STEM field course (such as Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Economics) or another quantitative field
· Graduate from max 2 years from the above listed courses
· Please ensure you apply with your CV in English
At Expedia Group our mission is to revolutionize travel through technology. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate and creative people in our business. We recognize the power of travel to eliminate barriers and make people's lives better and we work as one team towards a common goal: to bring the world within reach.
Hotels.com is a truly data centred company and data is at the center of everything we do. We use data to support almost every company decision and we test everything through validated learning, personalizing the experience of our customers with near real-time decision-making.
In our Analytics teams, we use analytics methods that range from simple to very sophisticated, depending on the business needs, and we apply state of the art techniques to big data to understand the ever-changing online travel market. We yield fascinating customer insights and drive massive business growth, working alongside & supporting the decision-making of the leadership team and of most teams in the organization.
Do you want to be our next graduate joining the Analytics team at Hotels.com (an Expedia Group company)? In these positions, you will join a 2 year rotational programme commencing in September 2019 and based in London, which will consist of six-month assignments in 4 of the following teams:
Product Analytics, Customer Analytics, Marketing Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Platform & Engineering Product Management, Data Capture, Pricing Analytics, Platform Analytics (Mobile, Cross-Device), Property and Destination Analytics, Regional Analytics.
What you’ll do
· Expedia Group’s big data platform will be your playground. You will use a range of analytical and modelling techniques to ensure that decisions are made on a consistent and scientific basis.
· Turn massive amounts of data into actionable insights, to help drive improvements for our customers and for the business.
· Understand business problems, identify the key challenges, provide/prototype solutions, and tackle complex problems using statistical analysis and tools.
· Support, influence, and challenge business decisions with data and timely and insightful analyses.
· Work with non-technical teams to understand their objectives, helping to define and implement data capture requirements and to design user tracking solutions which will best answer their questions.
· Analyze A/B tests to deliver behavioural insights which will enable informed product decisions and will drive the continuous optimization of our apps and websites.
· Identify most suitable data sources and correlate data across them, to develop insights that can drive operational improvements.
· Communicate analyses findings and recommendations to colleagues, partners, and leadership team in a clear, concise, and influential manner.
Development and Progression
Alongside the on-the-job learning, you will receive training to develop your analytical, business and interpersonal skills, while learning new technologies. We have a comprehensive package of in-house trainings (including Python, R, Scala, VBA, machine learning, public speaking) which are taught by colleagues who master a given subject. Additionally, we host regular knowledge-sharing sessions for the whole community to further build skills and increase the industry expertise.
You will be given an ever-growing amount of responsibilities, you will work on a diverse range of projects and gain experience explaining complex analyses to several business units. We expect you to quickly become a valuable team member in a continuously evolving environment and, as your experience grows, you will get opportunities to shape and lead your own projects. We expect that upon successful completion of this experience you will qualify for a permanent role in one of the many Analytics team within Hotels.com and Expedia Group.
Who you are
You’ll fit this role if you have
· A minimum 2:1 bachelor’s degree (achieved or predicted) in STEM field (such as Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Economics) or another quantitative field.
· A real passion for data: how it's used to build insight and narrate actions and behaviours, formulate questions and answering them.
· Strong analytical mindset and numerical skills, including the ability to break down complex scenarios into constituent parameters.
· A scientific and logical approach to problem-solving (asking the right questions and designing appropriate analyses to answer them, finding simple and practical solutions to complex problems).
· Experience of data analysis and good technical skills (excellent Excel skills, some knowledge of SQL or of any programming language, understanding of fundamental concepts of probability and statistics).
· Strong interpersonal skills to present the business value of analysis concisely and clearly.
· You can learn new concepts quickly. You have a curious mindset and are keen to learn and share knowledge.
· Strong organisational skills. You are able to perform in a high-pressure, dynamic environment. You are adaptable, flexible, and at your ease in a high level of ambiguity.
· Passion for making an impact and strong attention to detail.
· Phenomenal relational skills and passionate about working with in a highly multicultural & diverse environment.
Why join us
· We are at the forefront of data technology, leading in the test and learn culture.
· We work hard to craft an encouraging, empowering and fulfilling place where you will constantly develop.
· We define the questions, not the answers, for an industry changing every single day.
· Our mission inspires us to be the place where outstanding people want to do their best work, and to provide them the best tools to do so.
· We combine a start-up feel with global scale and global opportunities.
· We've got the scope and the freedom to make a difference. We don't do ordinary. We strive for continual innovation.
· We are social! We love catching up at company breakfasts, evening drinks, and off-site events.
· We get to do all of this in a super nice office in central London!
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.