Featured Career Paths
All Career Paths
Lodging Partner Associate I
Expedia is currently looking for action-oriented, motivated individuals who have an obsession with customer satisfaction to join our Lodging Support Services Contact Centre team. In this position, you will focus on providing inbound and outbound support to Expedia guest and Expedia hotel partners.
You will be dedicated and compassionate when dealing suppliers and travelers, and will work closely and professionally with other departments to ensure the best resolution. You will be versatile in managing multiple software programs, prompt and accurate in your responses to email and phone communications and provide a simple, rapid, competent support experience.
At Expedia we listen attentively and respond to our customers, because we are passionate about the traveler experience.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Responding to inventory management inquiries.
• Contacting lodging partners to resolve issues (questions, changes, etc.).
• Proactively call lodging partners to resolve any anticipated future issues.
• Contacting guest based on requests received for lodging partners, i.e. arrival time, transfers etc.
• Providing supplier self-service support and maintenance.
• Maintaining strong vendor relations with a positive attitude and outgoing nature.
• Adhering to defined procedures, standards and performance expectations.
Experience, skills and education:
• Fluent proficiency & comprehension in English and Icelandic language is required
• (High School Diploma, University Degree. Some college preferred)
• Experience in customer service oriented industry.
• Hotel/Travel -industry experience preferred.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products and various call center support programs.
• Professional customer service skills: solutions mindset, helping nature, passion for the customer and the customer experience.
• Ability to handle difficult customer situations effectively; ability to set expectations and deliver information in a positive way.
• Results-oriented individual who will take ownership of problem resolution.
• Excellent time-management, organizational, multi-task and prioritization skills. Written & Spoken Communications
• Quickly be able to demonstrate sound judgment, while abiding to guidelines and procedures ensuring clear and concise communication.
• The ability to communicate effectively at all levels from executive management to individual contributor.
• Keen eye for detail and high level of accuracy. Listening
• Listens carefully and attentively to others’ opinions and ideas; listens to others’ perspectives and clarifies meaning before responding. Work Effectively with Superiors & Peers
• Dependable and able to work in a fast-paced work environment and be open and flexible to changes in daily responsibilities and assignments, as needed by the business
• The ability to work unsupervised and make independent work related decisions.
• Flexibility and willingness to assist where and when needed and directed by your supervisor.
Analytical Problem Solving & Decision-Making
• Highly organized and detail oriented with a very strong focus on process, trends, and root cause analysis.
In return, you become part of high performing team with career opportunities… (add EVP)
About Expedia Inc.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive.
The Expedia portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to hundreds of thousands of hotels, hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners.
About Lodging Partner Services (LPS)
Expedia® Lodging Partner Services (LPS) connects hotel partners to the world’s largest travel marketplace, with more than 140 branded sites in 70 countries. Our network of premier brands provides access to over 53 million monthly travel shoppers.
As the frontline support organization to Expedia's lodging supply partners, our Global Supply Organization (GSO) provides a key role in supplier satisfaction and has a close working partnership with Expedia account managers/market managers (we take this seriously; the GSO organization has around 1300 employees based in approximately 30 countries and is growing).
We are responsible for coordinating across all lodging supply partners for travel purchased through multiple Expedia brands across the world, including the websites of Expedia, Inc. and its affiliates. Key GSO functions include contract loading, settlement/reconciliation, content management (written, media, ratings), technical support, pre-travel support (e.g., schedule changes, relocations), training and corporate wide localization.
We Bring You the World.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.