Job title: Senior Manager, Strategy
Are you a self-starter who is able to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously? Do you have strong communication skills and experience working with multiple stakeholder groups? The Lodging Strategy team at Brand Expedia Group is looking for an individual to lead Property E2E workstream whilst also driving new initiatives for the business. You will develop a detailed understanding of the company’s lodging business including supply, technology and operations along with commercials, analytics and marketing. The position will be expected to ably represent Expedia in front of partners for progressing new business ideas and initiatives.
- Lead Property End-2-End Workstream for brand Expedia, working in close collaboration with partners across Expedia Group.
- Propose strategic direction and develop lodging strategy in collaboration with the greater Strategy team as well as Commercial, Product, Technology and Marketing teams.
- Identify and evaluate strategic options and business opportunities
- Act as a change agent for the Lodging business, ensuring innovations / developments are led to successful implementation
- Drive day to day development and execution of business initiatives efficiently and effectively
- Monitor and drive business impact from initiatives, working closely with Analytics teams
- Successfully deliver on initiative deliverables; Handling the needs and requirements of different teams through building consensus on our challenges and opportunities.
- Build internal consensus on key industry issues
- Represent Brand Expedia the team in relevant forums
- Significant professional experience, with a preference for those with a management consulting background, experience of leading strategic execution within a business
- MBA degree required
- Proven ability to lead, manage & mobilize multiple senior stakeholders across a dynamic organization
- A great teammate with strong inter-personal skills and who can collaborate with across the organization for optimal outcome as well as communication with senior managers and executives.
- Proven ability to strategize, design and execute towards visionary goals
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely present issues, ideas and recommendations in verbal, written and presentation formats
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and the capacity to work to tight deadlines
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to influence key decisions
- Advanced level analytical & problem solving skills
- Experience working with global teams required
- Self-starter who is able to work autonomously
- Proficiency with software packages including; SPSS and Alteryx
- Experience working with programming languages including R
- Previous experience working on strategic plans with C-suite stakeholders, in particular CFOs
- Experience working on large scale consumer surveys to understand usage, consumption and customer sentiments as well as testing price sensitivity
- Experience conducting financial and quantitative assessment of potential partner PnLs
- Experience creating a product positioning strategy and expansion strategies across global markets
- Prior experience creating new products from a white paper to launch and working with the relevant internal functions including; product, marketing, finance etc.
- Significant financial forecasting and modelling experience
- Previous experience creating an omni-channel strategy within the ecommerce sector
- Experience defining a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so. Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Open date: 5 September 2019
Close date: 3 October 2019
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.