Featured Career Paths
All Career Paths
The Market Associate’s primary responsibility is to ensure that Expedia’s hotel product in their assigned market is competitive, attractive and relevant for Expedia’s fast-growing global customer base. In doing so, Market Associates will also continuously work with their hotel partners to help them maximize the marketing and distribution potential from their participation in the Expedia marketplace.
Consistently leveraging data specific to their market available in Expedient, Expedia’s proprietary market insights and activity prioritization dashboard, Market Associates will work closely with hotel partners to:
• Optimize content, rate and availability competitiveness on the Expedia sites to maximize customer conversion
• Secure additional inventory over high demand and compression periods to satisfy customers’ pressing needs
• Secure value-adds and promotional offers to support the brands’ merchandising and marketing efforts
• Educate hotel partners on the self service features available on Expedia Partner Central
• Support Expedia’s business development efforts through smooth onboarding of new hotel partners
• Execute effectively based on KPI metrics (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives) set by LPS leadership team
This role is the foundation of the Market Management’s team responsibility, which is to ensure that Expedia’s brands’ global customers always find the most suitable hotel for their dream trip wherever they want to go, and that our hotel partners can effectively, efficiently and throughout the year, reach Expedia’s unique breath of global traveller demand.
Supervision To Be Exercised
Supervision To Be Received
Direct supervision from Area Manager or Senior Market Manager.
Required Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree; major in tourism or hospitality a plus but not required
• 0-2 years of experience
• Performance is evaluated and measured based on KPI metrics set by LPS leadership team
Drive for Results
• High impact personality: intellectual agility, entrepreneurship, empathy in relationship, team player
• Hungry, ambitious, motivated, action-oriented, results-focused and metrics-driven
• Organization and time management skills, rigor, attention to details
• Proven follow-up/persistence when facing challenging situations
• Ability to multi-task effectively; must be able to change gears quickly without skipping a beat
• Sincere relationship builder; earns the confidence of others;
• Bridges and sustains solid partnerships based on mutual support through a collaborative style
• Demonstrate ability to work based on a variety of KPI metrics (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives) set by LPS leadership team
• Appetite for innovative technology, fast-changing business environment, data-driven decision making
Written & Spoken Communication, Listening and Influencing
• Proficiency in English & German and preferably Italian.
• Presents ideas and directives clearly and persuasively; actively listens when spoken/presented to
• Ability to effectively communicate to various levels and through a variety of communication channels
Build & Maintain Teams
• Able to work independently as well as be a strong team player, ensuring the whole team wins
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.