Are you a forward-thinking director who can create a compelling strategy for display sales across the Asia Pacific (APAC) region?
Are you an inspiring leader who can motivate a team of Business Development Managers and Sales Managers and represent all of Media Solutions and Expedia Group at key industry events, conferences and other speaking opportunities?
We are looking for a Director, Business Development APAC who will work with executive-level media industry leaders to establish Expedia Media Solutions as a leader and innovator in digital media. This is an exciting opportunity for a strategic sales leader to develop strong working relationships within and across key businesses in Expedia Group and across geographies to find synergies and opportunities that we can monetize and sell.
What you'll do
- Lead and motivate a team of sellers including Sales Managers across APAC.
- Lead the recruitment, onboarding, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of said sales team including revenue targets, forecasting, budgets, and compensation.
- Grow Media Solutions sales footprint within regions through new client acquisition and retention/growth of existing accounts and when needed, lead deal development including prospecting, negotiating, and project development to deliver against monthly, quarterly and annual goals within APAC.
- Represent all of Media Solutions and Expedia Group at key industry events, conferences and other speaking opportunities
- Guide sellers to develop robust territory plans and strategies & help direct reports manage complexity and work through ambiguity.
- Develop relationships with major clients and prospects within their region and across industries and understanding category specific landscapes and trends, foreseeing and avoiding stagnation in the marketplace
- Develop team capacity to sell to complex and large organizations, and navigate until deal closure.
- Participate in workstreams/pillars and other projects and initiatives related to the sales team at large, beyond the immediate team.
- Monitor the business impacts of initiatives and develop an in-depth knowledge of products and build strong relationships with cross-functional leadership teams to find opportunities, inform decision-making and solidify the Media Solutions value proposition in-region and company-wide
- Advocate for innovation, product pricing and product development for key verticals and top potential Media Solutions partners, that also supports Expedia Group's global strategy.
- Work with the Senior Director of Sales on strategy and sales management practices to establish a global sales practice within Media Solutions
- Regularly give valuable input and feedback to teammates including insight and findings from weekly sales results.
- Contributes to team success, putting team interests ahead of self-interest; effectively work across Expedia Group to address business issues, and lead the implementation and acceptance of change
- Understand and effectively surface challenges and opportunities impacting Media Solutions to senior leadership
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred with significant experience in management, digital media, travel and/or e-commerce.
- Strong sales management experience managing, mentoring, and motivating a remote sales team to drive online advertising sales.
- Knowledge of the APAC region preferred
- Track record of consistently exceeding sales goals, individually and as a manager of a team
- Strong sales prospecting, negotiating and closing skill set
- Excellent communication skills – in both written and oral presentation - influencing and relationship building skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Solid decision-making and problem-solving skills
- International travel as and when the business requires it
- Strong commercial instinct and entrepreneurial drive combined with ability to be creative and take risks
- Strong propensity to take initiative and flourish with change
- Deep experience in influencing behaviours and norms of organizations
- Ability to display excellent judgment through sound, well-informed decision-making
- Ability to influence senior leaders and peers to get things done
- Experience delivering high quality results, whilst thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in operating, monitoring and optimizing a sales engagement, pipeline and sales productivity process
- Ability to support the team to win internally and externally by understanding drivers of organizational change and effectively developing strategic business objectives and influencing others to make organizational improvements.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.