Job title: Data Engineer
We are looking for a Data Engineer to design, develop and run the next generation of data engineering solutions. If you are someone with a growth mindset and love solving complex and meaningful problems, come join us on this exciting journey. You will help make sense of petabytes of Data while building, supporting and delivering state-of-the-art stream and batch data flows. The data teams are placed at the core of Business, Analytics, and Data Science operations, facilitating decision-making by providing the right data, at the right time, to the right people or system.
- You will develop, build scalable and high-performant data enrichment processes, using the right development patterns and continuous deployment/integration practices.
- You will collaborate with upstream system architects, data technical specialists, developers, data product managers, and end-users to support and resolve data issues.
- You will participate in a DevOps environment (you build it, you run it) by managing and operating real-time and batch data solutions at scale.
- You will implement the tools and processes to handle performance, scale, availability, accuracy, and monitoring.
- You will design, develop, model and create data structures to integrate and prepare for reporting solutions and broader business intelligence application.
- You will breakdown requirements, simplify architectures and collaborate with other business teams to deliver intelligent data solutions in line with defined objectives and results.
- You will identify performance and data challenges, suggesting code and architecture improvements.
- You will seek opportunities to bring advanced analytical techniques and solutions to new data products.
- You will cooperate in an agile and dynamic environment to lead change and keep us current with the latest technologies.
- You deeply understand of SQL, all its facets, and have experience working with traditional (e.g. Teradata) or cloud-based data-warehouse (e.g. Redshift, Snowflake).
- You know and use the best fit data technologies and approaches to addressing performance, scalability, governance challenges.
- You understand the AWS cloud ecosystem, such as EMR, Lambda, S3, EC2, Cloud Formation, VPC, etc.
- You have knowledge of dimensional modeling concepts and other efficient data representations for optimizing SQL queries.
- You develop elegant SQL queries while breaking down complexity and identifying modular parts.
- Proven background in a variety of data technologies, such as Teradata, Hadoop, Spark, HBase, Hive, Presto and/or ETL frameworks.
- You have knowledge of cloud infrastructures automation tools such as CloudFormation and Docker.
- You know about domain and business event patterns, streaming pipelines such as Kafka or Kinesis.
- Experience producing tested, secure, resilient and well-documented applications.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills when working with both business and technical teams.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so. Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Open date: 11 September 2019
Close date: 9 October 2019
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.