The Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS) Business Solutions team is seeking a creative and collaborative Senior Financial Analyst to help us build, deliver, and optimize elite financial operation initiatives, partner implementations, and funds flow management reporting in a dynamic and fast-growing B2B partnership business within Expedia Group.
You will be responsible for liaising with key business partners to support the rapid growth of our B2B business, proactively driving continuous improvements in execution. Further, you will serve as a trusted advisor, working closely with many teams including EPS Commercial, Product, Finance, and Technology teams as well as Corporate departments (Accounting, Tax, Treasury, Corporate Audit Services, Global Payments, Global Customer Operations, and Financial Core Technology Systems).
What you'll do
- Support implementation efforts of high value business initiatives and strategic partner launches: work as part of a cross-functional team on the design and implementation of effective and efficient financial operations to support business requirements for billing, cash settlement, reporting and reconciliations.
- Ensure all new initiatives and improvements are delivered with sound financial operation processes and accurate financials by proactively defining upfront financial requirements needed to business owners and partners
- Laisse with our business development teams and external partners from the beginning of negotiations to understand their needs and implement complete end to end financial operations and solutions, providing the right input at the right time to ensure smooth, timely, and successful delivery
- Taking a rapport building approach with key business partners, developing and maintaining strong relationships, listening and understanding their needs and concerns and factoring those into the end solution
- Coordinate with project and contract negotiation teams to ensure that the intent of the contract is understood and executable
- Explain financial concepts and technical details to non-financial business partners
- Stay abreast on all applicable project discussions
- Gather, document, and deliver business requirements, use cases, and Finance User Acceptance Testing (FUAT) plans to the project team
- Track E2E testing progress, proactively identifying and bringing awareness to UAT blockers
- Lead FUAT phases, coordinating, allocating, and reviewing test cases with testers throughout the process
- Stay abreast of and articulate financial implications of open defects and help assess solution for the same
- Provide regular and frequent communications on projects/FUAT efforts to ensure relevant business partners are always informed
Who you are
You'll fit this role if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years in finance and/or accounting operations experience with progressive growth in responsibilities, Public Accounting Experience is a plus
- Proven ability to handle many concurrent tasks, and deliver against competing priorities
- Adapts well to, and is energized by change whilst maintaining focus on key business goals and objectives
- Innovative thinker with ability to recommend unique solutions to address complex problems
- Established at building solid, successful relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working with cross functional teams across domestic and international time zones
- Receptive and adaptive to a rapidly changing business environment while maintaining focus on key business goals and objectives
- Advanced Excel skills with experience of handling large and complex data sets
- Experience building Excel models and reports using complex formulas
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Experience with the following systems strongly preferred: Oracle, SQL Teradata Assistant, Business Objects, Test Rail, Jira, Confluence, Smartsheets, and Tableau
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
About Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS)
The travel market never stands still. At Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS), we’re smack in the middle of it. We unlock the power of Expedia Group for thousands of travel partners around the world and create the tools & technologies that help millions of travelers find the perfect accommodation, car hire, & flights for their next trip. We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the industry in an energetic, collaborative and truly international work environment. We are passionate about innovation, creative problem-solving and –making sure we have fun while we’re doing it!
Why build your career at EPS?
- We're re-inventing travel, one day at a time -- it's an exciting challenge. We're super-motivated and setting the pace.
- We've got the scope and the freedom to make a difference. We don't do ordinary.
- We work with some really smart partners - from loyalty marketing whiz kids to the world's leading airlines and travel agents.
- We're a team of passionate, hard-working travel enthusiasts. We just love what we do.
- We define the questions, not the answers, for an industry that changes every day. Isn't that cool?
- We want everyone on our team to have the resources to succeed in their career
- We get to do all of this in beautifully designed offices around the world
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.