Expedia’s Media Solutions team is looking for an analytical, ambitious and creative Product Manager to help grow our media business globally by delighting customers with innovative advertising solutions! The Senior Product Manager, Media Solutions, works closely with partners across various functional teams and brands within Expedia Group to find opportunities for monetizing traffic and launching innovative advertising experiences for travel shoppers. To succeed, this person will operate inventively and independently n an ambiguous environment and be a strong product thinker.
The role is inherently cross functional, making collaboration a “must-have” and critical to the team’s success! You will work closely with external partners, as well as sales, product, engineering, analytics, finance, operations, and data science teams. You will need to balance multiple priorities as you work to negotiate successful outcomes for travel customers as well as advertisers. The ideal candidate will be highly analytical and inventive, able to use creative problem-solving skills to move quickly from ideation to implementation and/or resolution with a detailed understanding.
- Define the over-arching Display advertising product roadmap for the Media Solutions business
- Engage with engineering teams to plan and deploy advertising products that delight shopping customers
- Find opportunities to monetize traffic optimally and work with partners to come up with creative and mutually helpful solutions to business problems
- Be proactive and able to move forward in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
Skills and Requirements:
- Meaningful work experience in online advertising, business management and/or product development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, capable of interacting across all levels of the organization and with external partners
- Strong eye for detail, with a natural commitment to dig deep to thoroughly understand an issue before recommending a solution
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with a proven ability to use numbers and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes; experience with financial modeling and statistics is a plus
- Ability to work with internal organizations requiring clear communication
- Experience working directly with engineering and analytics teams
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced dynamic environment across various teams and time zones, with a strong bias for action
- Understanding of Display advertising a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.