Job Title: BI Developer II
Egencia, the business travel division of Expedia, is at the center of revolutionizing business travel with our cutting edge technology and products in the industry. We are one of the fastest
As part of Egencia's Business Intelligence team, you will become an integral part of a consultative team that works with the business to develop BI solutions that surface actionable insights, improve business processes, and support executive decision making. You will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks including leading business users through crafting solutions, iteratively developing and testing code to implement solutions, establishing development standards, fixing platform issues, and responding to a multitude of requests.
What you will do:
- Work with business users to analyze BI reporting requirements, design and develop valuable BI solutions
- Conduct data discovery, analysis, and profiling of data, to validate business requirements, provide inputs into functional design, and identify data quality or integrity issues
- Build core datasets that enable self-service reporting and contribute to business workflow optimization
- Develop report and dashboard solutions using Tableau as well as provide general user support and training for the Tableau environment
- Ensure proper source control, documentation, testing and quality assurance processes are established, implemented, and followed to maintain high data integrity
- Respond to ad hoc data requests and conduct analysis to provide valuable insights to partner groups, including sales, product, operations and finance
- Define and document “best practices” for data discovery and testing procedures, and implement with the BI Team and BI Community
- Onboard BI power users to the BI Program, getting connected, understanding data, and provide access to BI tools
Who you are, You will fit the role if you have:
- 5+ years working in Business Intelligence and/or Data Warehousing environment
- 2+ years of solid background with Tableau (Online and Desktop versions) and a desire to learn other technologies
- Experience working with enterprise SQL Server
- Extraordinary understanding and experience with relational and dimensional datasets, data warehouses, data mining, and data extract, load and transform (ELT) techniques
- Ability to analyze data and communication of technical topics to a non-technical audience
- Consistent track record defining and executing key analysis and solving problems with minimal supervision
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with Business Objects Universes, a plus
- Experience working in an environment that uses both on-premise and cloud RDBMS technologies, a plus
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
Why Join Us:
- Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
- Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer.
- We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
- If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.