Vrbo is part of the Expedia Group family of brands. We're a world leader in the holiday rental industry with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect beach house, cottage, or apartment for any getaway.
Our mission is to make every holiday rental in the world available to every traveler through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect holiday rental to create unforgettable travel memories together.
About the role
Are you someone who is curious about understanding customer behavior? Do you find that you’re the leader in the room who is rallying the troops and facilitating cross-collaboration? If so, we are hiring a Global Marketing Director who will lead and coordinate the execution of our Global Organic Search SEO Strategy. Leading a team of SEO Specialists globally this is an opportunity harness your passion for data and drive outcomes at our most senior level ensuring that we are thinking strategically about how to partner cross functionally setting up scalable outcomes that deliver win-win results.
What you will do:
- Responsible for the day to day review of the business channels' performance as well as forecasting and budgeting across all regions;
- Responsible for building and growing a high performing team that has to operate within a complex matrixed organization, at the intersection of growth marketing, product and engineering teams;
- Communicate the strategy and evangelize SEO requirements across all product & business teams to elevate the SEO knowledge throughout the company;
- Collaborate closely with the business leaders, product planning, production and online marketing teams: Assess opportunities in new markets, and across channels (example: new landing pages, new partnerships…);
- Scope projects’ business and technical requirements;
- Manage the integration and consolidation of projects with the various brands and websites;
- Work closely with analytics & data science teams to develop an SEO measurement framework allowing to accurately evaluate opportunities as well as the impact of changes.
Who you are:
- BA or BS degree (preferred that degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science/engineering, or other quantitative field. Or significant coursework in these areas);
- An interest in solving problems / genuine curiosity about how consumers make decisions;
- Passion for using data to make decisions;
- SEO experience is not a requirement though you must be familiar, interested in the domain;
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Familiarity with Excel for product ideation and business impact research. Familiarity with scripting languages a plus, not required;
- Familiarity with, e-commerce, and online travel (desirable);
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all kinds of people at all levels;
- “Practical real world” knowledge of statistics preferred;
- Organized, self-motivator, great communicator and detail oriented;
- Proven track record delivering high quality results, while thriving in a quickly paced environment
- Adaptable and resourceful;
- Product management experience crafting SEO solutions (desirable);
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal), attention to detail, absolute focus on quality of work, and strong follow-up.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Some of the benefits include:
- Competitive health and dental insurance benefits.
- Health and wellness benefits.
- Travel benefits including hotel discounts, annual trave reimbursements and travel package discounts.
- Competitive annual salary including target bonus.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages in every kitchen.
- Casual dress so you can be yourself at work.
- Free listing on VRBO.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.