Are you excited to help people go places? Then our Lodging team is looking for you!
Our Lodging team is in search for a Principal Technical Product Manager who is independent, creative, and ambitious. We want someone who loves to resolve problems that involve a diverse set of teams. Our TPMs know how to motivate team members to drive cross-organizational initiatives forward, delving into details as necessary and delegating responsibly.
The Expedia Lodging Platform team is the business powerhouse for the Expedia group and contributes the largest share of our company’s revenue. We power two main lines of business: Lodging Shopping and Lodging Supply, and cover 10+ major product areas. Our Lodging Platform operations are global, with representation in 8 countries and 17 offices.
What You'll Do:
- You will be responsible for the strategy, execution, and organization of large cross-team projects involving multiple time zones.
- Independently propose and motivate changes in technology, infrastructure or direction based on strong understanding of technologies, benefits and trade-offs and data at the organizational impact level.
- You will identify and anticipate risks and run effectively, taking calculated risks as appropriate that are measured and monitored to grow and benefit the organization.
- Partner with multiple teams to move project progress forward and remove barriers, understanding when to empower and when to become deeply involved.
- You will build consensus in cross-organizational forums which you will lead with comprehensively informed opinions and diverse perspectives across teams.
- Facilitate meetings and planning sessions focused on status reporting, problem resolution, and feedback.
- You will act as a connector to build strong working relationships and foster an environment of trust and partnership across teams.
- Identify and use the right tool(s) to track the project timeline and progress, create and communicate status, and document meeting notes and decisions related to project success.
- You will define and maintain processes for the team to deliver work on time, continually looking for and finding new ways to improve these processes.
- Serve as a mentor to junior members of the team and raise the bar for the entire team.
What you bring:
- 10+ years of program management and project management experience in a variety of e-Commerce applications or infrastructure.
- Deep experience in agile/scrum software delivery practices in a fast paced environment.
- Open to new challenges, exceptional at multi-tasking, innovative, creative, self-directed and a good teammate that flourishes with continuous process improvement, and collaborates effectively with senior technology leaders.
- A high degree of competency with project management and methodology including scoping, issue and risk identification, general management, tracking dependencies, user acceptance testing, and communication of overall project status.
- A passion for working across teams to drive high level solutions, resolve detailed operational issues, and ability to draw upon your experience in solving business problems through technology.
- A clear grasp how technology enables business across our brands and other Expedia Group entities.
- The ability to facilitate and influence the resolution of challenging business/technology problems.
- Understand both the fine details and the bigger picture of a project to keep progress on track.
- A bias to action as a self-starter with a curious mind, constantly working to achieve better results, gain a better understanding of the business, and deliver better value to partners and customers.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.