As Expedia Group’s B2B brand, our mission is to create new opportunities and work relentlessly to fuel our partners’ growth. Across the travel sector – from loyalty programs, airlines, travel agents, financial institutions, corporate travel management companies and online retailers – we provide partners with the worldwide rates, availabilities and innovative technology they need to get a competitive edge. By offering partners the flexibility to use our products in the way that best suits their business – whether that’s a fully-customizable environment through our APIs, an ‘off-the-shelf’ white label or co-branded template solution or agent booking and service tools – we give them even more opportunities to build the perfect experience for their travelers.
What you’ll do
- You are excited to make a positive impact on how travelers plan and book their perfect trip.
- You want to be part of a team of passionate, smart, hard-working travel enthusiasts.
- You have a desire to work with the brightest minds in the travel business in an energetic and international work environment focused on innovation, creative problem-solving and teamwork.
- You thrive in an environment where you have the freedom, scope and responsibility to find innovative ways to make a difference in our business.
- You have solid experience of analyzing, structuring, negotiating and closing complex deals in a team environment while working closely with operations, legal, product, tech etc.
- You have a consistent track record of successful business development initiatives in a B2B environment.
Who you are
You’ll fit this role if you have
- Promote and develop business opportunities in North America for Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS).
- Create a business pipeline and deliver on it. The role spans multiple verticals including OTAs, membership, loyalty, retail, travel agent, start-up travel disrupters etc.
- Build a pipeline through networking, industry relationships etc. with expectations on prospecting, identifying and qualifying partners. Once qualified you will negotiate through a complex contracting process to signature before launching.
- Dedicatedly lead the end-to-end business development process including sales pipeline management and value selling while liaising with support functions of commercial finance, tax, counsel etc.
- Define and implement a business strategy to uncover win-win opportunities that drive new business to both EPS and partner, positioning EPS as the partner of choice.
- Work closely with product and strategy to feedback the operational enhancements needed to unlock revenue across the various channels across all vertical.
- Handling appointments, meetings and follow-ups will be an important part of your daily job; you will conduct formal presentations via phone and face-to-face to prospective partners.
- Work closely with a team of account managers to maximize revenue generated from partnerships once live.
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience in a senior business development or sales role in the travel or travel tech space
- Deep understanding of the differences in the travel space with focus on the additional operational or technical functionality needed to improve revenue and the roadblocks to overcome
- Validated ability to build a wide variety of business relationships up to C-suit level
- Strong knowledge of the location of decision makers, influencers, detractors and promoters within a typical org structure
- Demonstrated understanding of the underlying economic metrics involved in strategic partnerships
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
About Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS)
The travel market never stands still. At Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS), we’re smack in the middle of it. We unlock the power of Expedia Group for thousands of travel partners around the world and create the tools & technologies that help millions of travelers find the perfect accommodation, car hire, & flights for their next trip. We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the industry in an energetic, collaborative and truly international work environment. We are passionate about innovation, creative problem-solving and –making sure we have fun while we’re doing it!
Why build your career at EPS?
- We're re-inventing travel, one day at a time -- it's an exciting challenge. We're super-motivated and setting the pace.
- We've got the scope and the freedom to make a difference. We don't do ordinary.
- We work with some really smart partners - from loyalty marketing whiz kids to the world's leading airlines and travel agents.
- We're a team of passionate, hard-working travel enthusiasts. We just love what we do.
- We define the questions, not the answers, for an industry that changes every day. Isn't that cool?
- We want everyone on our team to have the resources to succeed in their career
- We get to do all of this in beautifully designed offices around the world
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.