Expedia IT (eIT) is looking for a dynamic individual capable of thriving in a fast paced and high stress environment as an IT Support Technician. You are a highly credible IT professional capable of providing desktop support for Expedia Group business offices across several locations in ANZ.
What you'll do:
- You will provide IT Desktop support to the relevant End-user community; this includes all desktop computing hardware and software and peripherals.
- You will make timely and accurate diagnosis of system related problems and settling between hardware, software and network related problems, and work in conjunction with the Global Service Desk and other IT operations/engineering groups to provide resolution.
- You will be required to lead problem resolution activities to get technology incidents and problems resolved with minimum supervision
- You will take ownership on assigned incidents and problems, contact and liaise with required resources both inside and outside the company necessary to resolve the incidents with minimum supervision.
- You will respond to request for service with experience and compliance in established time limits.
- You will be training employees and orienting them on how to use computer hardware and software applications.
- Maintain other relevant computer peripheral devices such as Monitors, Printers, Video teleconferencing equipment.
- You will support and perform imaging for desktop/laptop systems.
- Some shift work may be required, and weekend work is needed for projects, incumbent is required to travel to satellite locations as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Who you are:
- Preferred having 2 years of experience in 1st/2nd/3rd level Corporate IT support, gained in a multi-site IT operations environment
- Previous experience in providing Windows and Mac support. Advanced Mac support skills a plus.
- You demonstrate experience of configuring and administrating, workstations/laptops and associated software with excellent problem-solving skills, ability to take ownership of the work assigned, and deliver results timely, expertly and correctly.
- Have experience working on small in-region projects which takes less than 8 weeks to complete and delivery against timelines.
- Possess some understanding of different eIT Support Team roles and functions into the company and know some support team members.
- Establish good relationship with other support team members and business partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communications capable of delivering to business contacts.
- You have a focus in delivering excellent customer service, being able to communicate with users minimizing technical jargon.
- You should be self-managed and a self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Have working knowledge across all the IT disciplines including hardware, software, telephony, video teleconferencing, and connectivity.
- Able to perform root cause analysis. Capable of recommending effective courses of action, communicate resolution, policy and procedures to the various IT partners, management, and end user population.
- Able to provide support at the based location and provide occasional additional support coverage when call upon during resources shortage.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical teams, adaptable to change and with a growth mindset.
- Experience with Service Now ITSM Tools highly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT Technology or another appropriately related field highly preferred
Why join us?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.