Expedia’s flights team is looking for a world class Product Manager to play a vital role in our ongoing efforts to continuously innovate, and deliver the best Flight shopping experience on the web. In this role you will develop, prioritize and deliver a portfolio of UX tests to improve the user experience of Millions of people shopping for flights, across multiple brands (e.g. Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity) all around the world. You will work with local teams, as well as stakeholders around the globe to create a delightful product, execute strategy, and disseminate business results against objectives. Successful candidates for this roll will bring a strong entrepreneurial approach, balanced with technical and analytical insight needed to deliver against aggressive objectives. The successful candidate must also be a strong relationship builder, capable of quickly establishing mutual respect and understanding needed to drive critical support from a broad range of disciplines and personalities. Most importantly, candidates must bring: creative problem solving, an eye for details, relentless focus on results, and a love of travel. If this describes you, please apply now.
- Manage Flights User Experience “Test & Learn” Backlog:
- Collaboratively identify, quantify, and prioritize opportunities to improve flight shopping experience, and improve conversion of shoppers into purchasers
- Write clear and effective user stories and hypothesis to drive A|B test and feature development
- Coordinate UX design and content development for new flights features
- Collaborate with Agile development teams launch and manage A|B and/or Multivariate tests in our production environment
- Analyze & report on test performance and provide insights based on that performance for future hypothesis and tests.
- Manage external partnerships and integrations: provide and evaluate technical components of RFPs, drive integration requirements, and perform ongoing relationship management.
- Travel (4+ International trips per year to Expedia Global Offices) & interface with global point of sale teams to understand unique local requirements and opportunities.
- This is not a role for someone who simply likes to be creative and generate ideas. We need someone who's happy getting their hands dirty in delivering creative solutions as well as generating great ideas.
- Creativity & Innovation - You generate new ideas, challenge the status quo, take risks, support change, encourage innovation, and solve problems creatively.
- Initiative - You tackle problems and take independent action, seek out new responsibilities, act on opportunities, generate new ideas, and practice self-development.
- Results Focus - You target and achieve results, set challenging goals, prioritize tasks, overcome obstacles, and accept accountability.
- Communication - You communicate well both verbally and in writing, create accurate and punctual reports, deliver presentations, share information and ideas with others, listen carefully and considers what others have to say, including differing viewpoints.
- Productivity - You manage a fair workload, prioritize tasks, develop good work procedures, manage time well, handle information flow and spend the majority of your time and resources on high priority items.
- Organizational Effectiveness - You operate within the organization's formal and informal structures, build allies and relationships across departments, use relationships to build consensus and create results, are appropriately diplomatic, understand others' roles and perspectives, can sell projects and get things done in a complex multilevel organization.
- Data Driven with a strong propensity for the Scientific Method
- BA/BS Required
- 3+ years of product management or related experience, including several product/service launches leveraging SCRUM/Agile Development to deliver Web and/or Mobile Applications
- Outstanding intellectual horsepower
- Experience in a high volume eCommerce environment (Air/Travel Industry experience preferred)
- Experience in Mobile First responsive UX design
- Understanding of SEO/SEM best practices in UX design
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills (externally and internally at all levels)
- Demonstrated ability to work across and positively influence a large, complex organization
- Proven track record of defining and executing key analyses that generate actionable insights with minimal supervision
- A tremendous passion for travel and customer experience
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.