At Expedia Group, our purpose is to bring the world within reach for every traveler. If you seek a collaborative, rewarding and dynamic environment where a sense of humor is essential, you will love Expedia’s Global Marketing Organization (GMO). At GMO, we seek to be the most trusted and creative online travel agent in the world through timely and accurate product advertising to travelers globally.
We want a dynamic, organized self-starter to lead an organization of 20+ Product Managers, crafting the most sophisticated marketing technology products in travel. You will be in the senior most Product Management role within GMO, leading our team to build products that power Affiliate Marketing, Customer Communications, Loyalty, Merchandising, SEO, SEM, and Partner API integrations for Expedia Group's various consumer travel brands. In this role, you will drive the strategy and vision through which product managers assess, innovate, and evolve platform assets bridging Marketing to our Customers. You will also coordinate across the larger Product Management organization to enable the most meaningful and tailored site experience possible for customers acquired through marketing.
Your well-honed skills in leading through influence will enable you to work effectively with counterparts in Product, Software Engineering, Marketing Business, Analytics, and Strategy to ensure that teams deliver with high standards. You will help facilitate cross-team and cross-channel partnerships on shared platforms. To illustrate the contribution of your team's various initiatives, you will author concise monthly communications for senior executives that connect features to Return on Investment. You will mentor your team of Product Managers who are responsible for crafting business cases, roadmaps and agile artifacts. Your efforts will guide Martech platform products to improve company revenue, reduce cost, increase customer engagement, and enhance the value of our consumer brands and Lines of Business.
Your responsibilities would include the following.
- You will own the product strategy for multiple products within the MarTech Platform and develop the vision for using third party data for opportunity discovery, sharing across different business verticals to improve demand generation for Expedia Group.
- You will build consensus for the product vision both internally and with partners in the Marketing and Retail space within Expedia Group.
- You will maintain a high attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize multiple, contending priorities simultaneously.
- You will direct the product roadmap for teams accountable for the development of new and existing technology products and features for Marketing Business Teams.
- You will actively identify and problem solve, enabling the team's ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals.
- You will hire and retain gifted Product Directors and Managers by empowering your team to achieve the organization’s vision.
- You get to draw on analytical and quantitative skills, using hard data.
We are looking for…
- Excellent critical thinking and strong operating skills.
- Significant industry experience in running global product management teams, preferably in e-commerce.
- Experience leading a portfolio of inter-dependent products and/or projects and driving projects from inception through delivery.
- Experience building and defending data models.
- Travel or hospitality industry experience, highly valued.
- Proven ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, address trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with demonstrable ability of negotiating across a wide peer group.
- Shown ability to lead in a matrix environment. Ability to influence without authority is essential.
- Strong interpersonal and talent management skills, including identifying and developing product management talent.
Experience and Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Analytics, Computer Science or Engineering discipline. MBA preferred.
- 15 years’ work experience in technology and/or product management positions.
- 7 years of people management including experience being a Manager of Managers.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.